Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Calendar Project: The foodie series becomes reality!!

'B Squared', acrylic and oil on panel, 2014.


For starters...I can NOT believe that April was my last post! I'm sucha slacker.....psssst...that's me being ironic!! ;)
Honestly, I have been so flippin busy it's not even funny!!! So today is the day to be completely relaxed(still in my jammies BTW) and catch up on a few things I haven't had enough time for, namely my blog.

So lets catch everyone up to date since April... Here is how it all went down:
Gardening, gardening, gardening, paint, paint, paint, paint, teach class, teach class, paint, paint, art show, art show, paint, paint, edit, edit, edit, edit, complete calendar, mow grass, mow grass, mow grass, garden, garden, weed flipping garden, weed again, more weeding, mow a bazillion times, pick strawberries, strawberries, strawberries, pick more fricken strawberries, make jam, make BBQ sauce, make ketchup, pick blueberries, paint, paint paint.......feel me? ;)

Art Calendar Complete!!

So I completed the calendar project and I have to say, I am over the moon with how this thing turned out!!!! I have new paintings that some may not have seen. If your not a follower of my Facebook art page, you may not have seen it since I have yet to put all of my most recent paintings on my website. Hope to do that today at some point.  The above painting, 'B Squared', is one of my very favorites has not yet been published to my website.
It is also one of 3 paintings that I am taking a poll on to determine which I place up for sale next week. It's time to offer up something again and this one is in the running!
If you want to vote on which painting you like the best, go visit my FB page and leave it in the comments section so I can tally the votes. Whichever wins, will be the painting I offer.


2015 'The Art of Kathy Leib: Whimsical Paintings of Food' art calendar.

   Onward here...so this calendar deal.... I finally had all the images completed by June, one month ahead of schedule since I had been painting like a mad woman! Spent June tweaking/editing all the images and designing the calendar layout. July rolled around and I ordered the prototype to be printed! It came, and I fell in love!!
Here is the advertisement I created for the calendar. If you would like to add your name to the RSVP list, send me an email with your name and I'll add you to the ever growing list. :)





Art shows and Awards


June 14th, 2014 marked the 5th year for the Annual DeFries Garden Juried Art Show.
This year I entered 3 pieces. I won BOTH Honorable Mention and The Peoples Choice Award(2nd year in a row) for my painting of my cat, Molly, as seen above. I was thrilled and very honored to be chosen again this year. Just being juried in is validation enough but winning is an incredible honor. :)

'Garden Guardian', acrylic on panel, 2013

This years big winner, Best of Show, was created by one of my favorite local artists, Jan Lucking. Her works tell incredible stories and I love, love LOVE all the symbolism she employs. This year they got it right, in my opinion!
 
I spoke briefly with Jan after the awards and told her how very much I enjoyed her piece last year and how much I loved her entry this year. We congratulated each other and shook hands. It's so nice to get to know other artists and share why we like one anothers work. You learn so much from other people and it's indeed inspiring to hear the story behind their works.  All in all, it was  indeed a great day at the DeFries Garden Show this year!!!


Well, I suppose I have rambled enough...it's currently 11:04am and I am still in my jammies and my hair is still a mess but boy am I enjoying my lazy day!! 
The other half will fire up the BBQ when he gets back from his bike ride. We are going to test out the home made sausages(along with ribs) I made last night! I told him last night I don't want to hear any complaints for this first attempt! They look and smell great! We did actually try a couple patties(what didn't fit in the casing) of it last night and it was deelish! They should be better today since the flavors have had time to marry and develop over night! :D

Have a great day everyone! :)

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment