Saturday, September 10, 2011

Busy, busy , busy.....

  Been a busy couple weeks and have not gotten alot of painting done....which makes me ashamed in a way.
It's what I think 'should' be doing however, in the real world, life continues to revolve around my bubble of 'what I want to be doing and where I want to be'...  My art is something I am most proud of, it's like my child. It needs to be nurtured, trained, disciplined, loved and time needs to be spent with it.
Therein lies the rub because it's impossible for me to ignore my real world, the one that keeps spinning around my 'artists bubble'.

   In my real world, I am 'Martha Vila'(splice Martha Stewart with Bob Vila) and today is going to be a busy day! I have to finish the greenhouse I just built to go over my raised pepper bed in hopes that I can extend my season longer so that my Ghost Peppers (Bhut Jaloka) will actually fruit out. They are flowering now. It is up, mostly sheathed excect for the gables, I left that open for ventilation since it's still pretty warm however peppers do LOVE hot weather!
I love growing hot peppers because I make hot sauce, salsas and spice blends. I dry and grind my peppers for this. Some of my friends have become addicted to my 'Jalapeno Salt' blend which is fine by me because I intend to market that baby in the future!
  Today's 'real world' agenda: finish fixing the mower, mow the grass, clean the pool to get it ready for winter, set new sink strainer in kitchen sink, replace deadbolt and door handle at studio, clean house, work out....but, this is all going to take place after I go spend some time in my other world, my artists world, my little serene 'bubble'....

  On today's agenda at my studio: I need to replace my door locks with new ones (old ones are crappy), finish the display base for my art bra that I am donating for Riverbend Cancer Services,  'Bras Around the Bend' auction, finish up on a poppy I am painting for an art trade with an artist friend, finish final sanding the canvases I stretched and gessoed, keep looking over at at my Spanish Market painting and wishing it were done....
My Spanish Market painting is a labor of love but let me tell you, it's the ultimate time vortex...it has sucked up nearly a year of my life!! I have been working on it since last September but not consistently as I have done other projects in that time as well and let 'her' sit, waiting for me to return to 'her'. I am on the homestretch on 'her', applying oil glazes by hand and using my keen eyes to keep telling me what more needs to be done. It takes alot of time but time spent on her is time enjoyed so it's not a bad thing that this giant painting is taking so long to complete.
Spanish Market
 


  Here is where I sort of am currently on the Spanish Market piece. I have gotten some further on her before I set her aside to work on the art bra and the Devlin Poppy.



You can see there is TONS of details in this painting and still much more to do yet but I am getting much closer. I have no time frame and am NOT going to predict when i will be done because my predictions are NOT accurate! I had predicted back in March I would be done, hahaha!
That's okay though since this is not a commission and I am not on deadline. This painting is purely because I can and more of a skill polisher/honer project.

So for now, she will sit aside on one of my other easels until I can come back to her, which will be very soon.
 


                                                                                          
Devlin Poppy



Here is the 'Devlin Poppy' painting for my friend Jason Devlin as he is sculpting me something pretty cool! I am 'hopeful' that I will finish this painting this week but as my 'real world' often throws a monkey wrench into my other worlds optimistic bubble...things don't always happen that way!
At any rate, she'll be done when she is done and Jason is never  quite on time either so he does understand...
I know he certainly understands the 'real world' interfering with the 'art bubble' world you want to spend more time in...






   
   
    I have to say that I am very thankful for all I have thought. I am blessed with a good set of circumstances that allow me to have two worlds to spend time in. It does not come without some sacrifices however. Time in the real world is sacrificed to allow me to have time in my bubble..That bubble time is blissful, peaceful and a happy place to go to! (now you understand my 'Self Portrait' painting)
So on that note.....I will begin my day and spend the first portion of it blissfully in my bubble, then come back to my real world and get busy, busy, busy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment