Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall is here...seclusion, here I come!

   Saturday marked the beginning of my self imposed creative seclusion. My lines have been drawn and instructions have been given letting my friends and family(Mom) know that when I am at the studio... I am not to be disturbed, unless its emergent. I will be ignoring all calls so if you call me, leave a message...I will get back with you. To me, time spent painting is just as important as going to work. It feeds my soul just as going to work literally feeds me.
I have to do this for a couple reasons: 1) I have nothing to sell/show if I don't create it  2) I can't create it if I don't have the time to do it...

   Summer always throws a monkey wrench in my creativity because I like to do ALOT  of things such as sun by the pool, BBQ, garden...besides, there's an awful lot of house/garden upkeep in the summer. I do admit, I slack in that regard because I make time to paint so some things have become less important. I have chosen to accept a moderate amount of chaos, it just comes with the territory.
It does bother me that I cannot be Wonder Woman but I accept the reality that I am one person who needs to prioritize whats important in life...some things, really just don't matter so much in the big picture, however, being creative with paint, IS a priority for me!!

   Friday marked the end of frivolous time spent not painting but it was spent having FUN!!! Time was absolutely NOT wasted in that regard!!
I went to my first ever major league ballgame!!! What an ABSOLUTE BLAST that was!!!!
Spent the day with my best friend Rhonda and a group of people she works with. We took a chartered private bus to Chicago to go to the Cubs vs. Astros game at Wrigley field. There were many beverages involved along with non stop laughter! It was a joy to get to know some new folks (since I don't get out much),  see the game and learn a bit more about baseball (I had only ever been to minor league games and basically only to people watch). Now I know why the pitcher chooses to 'walk' certain players....makes perfect statistical sense!
I enjoyed capturing some great photo's as well...some will be turned into paintings, those I will not show yet however!  Check out the amazing shots I was able to capture: 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       



Watching Matt Garza throw the ball and Aramis Ramirez smack them hard made me a fan of theirs 'right off the bat'!  What a fantastic day it was!! Go Cubs!!! Oh, they won by the way....it was an exciting 12 inning game!!!

   Saturday was spent painting all day. I finished the display base for my art bra that I created for Bras Around the Bend .  I will drop my submission off at RiverBend Cancer Services this week. The charity auction is not until October 6th. Should be a fun night! I'll be there to support the event and hopefully to trump up some bids!
Worked more on my Poppy painting which is looking just AWESOME!!! I am almost done. I am at the final tweak stage now. Yesterday and the last sitting was spent doing traditionl brushwork. I may add more airbrush tweaks but I like the look of the traditional brushwork as well. I have taken to fusing both. An airbrush is incomparable for some effects just as a regular paint brush is to well chosen brush strokes. Well chosen brush strokes is an art in and of its self. Same principle applies to using an airbrush...few master it well. It's my goal in life to be one of those few however, I feel that we never truly master anything in this life, we are only merely craft practitioners at best....some are extremely GOOD ones and some, not so much! 

   On that note, time to get my busy day started....mow grass, trim weeds, work out, make dinner, tend to garden harvest....
I hope whomever reads this has a joyful day and spends part of it 'creatively'! ☺

Kathy...

No comments:

Post a Comment