Monday, September 5, 2011

I am Blogging!

"Self Portrait",  acrylic on panel



Today is my first official step into the world of blogging! Why am I doing this...it's purely a selfish driven attempt to try and earn some type of income with my painting. 
I have slowly been cultivating my skills and rarely sell my work. I tend, mostly, to give it away. 
I feel that now the time has come to 'try' and generate some sort of income and 'hopefully' I'll be able to retire from nursing within the next couple of years. I believe that is a realistic workable goal.

    So far, I feel very blessed to be able to paint. I sacrifice a lot of time towards painting. I work, on average, 30 hours a week as a nurse and the remaining days, albeit Sunday's, are spent painting...unless I have something planned or appointments... It is my current focus to have as few interruptions as possible so that I can dedicate maximum time to painting. I know this alienates me from friends, family time and basically doing nothing however I have to do this. I don hope those affected under
   
    I really enjoy painting! It takes me to this blissful place when I don't have to watch the clock or answer then phone or door. Time spent in that zone is what I feel heaven might be like....just pure joy!
It takes great concentration and focus. Any distraction zaps that focus and forces you to regroup. This is what others, those who don't create', have trouble understanding.


   Currently, I have started to get my art 'out there'. I have 5 paintings and some prints at The Kingsbury House gallery in Howe, IN.   www.kingsburygallery.com
I am also planning to do some smaller one of a kind works and offer them up on Etsy in the future.
Basically, I am going to do as much as I possibly can to get out there and hopefully generate a  liveable income. I don't require much as my wants and needs are fairly limited, in other words, I am pretty 'low budget'. I am just simply want to paint, fulfill my essential needs and be happy! :)

On that note, I will end my first installment into my little world of blogging. Once I get more used to this I'll update the page and add more things. I hope to add installments on Sundays, my day to do whatever I want and relax.


...Kathy...

2 comments: